- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups half and half
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pie shell, baked
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spread cocnut on baking sheet, stirring occasionally as it browns in the oven for about 5 minutes
- Combine the half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt and mix in a medium saucepan. Then bring to a boil over low heat, constantly stirring. Remove from hear and stir in 3/4 cups toasted coconut with the vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and chill for about 4 hours.
- Top with whipped cream and the rest of the coconut.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.